Sunday, December 18, 2011

Flashbacks

So, I’ve had the wonderful blessing of being able to be around a lady has she has joined the Church.
It’s been so amazing to see her as she has been Baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I’ve really enjoyed talking with her and listening to her experiences and I love that fact that she want’s to hear about my mission experiences.

Sitting next to her in church gave me mission flashbacks.

It’s been wonderful to feel the Spirit that comes along with new converts and to remember all that is unique about the gospel even down the little things the terminology we use (like I Stake isn’t wood nor do your eat it), like the fact that RS activities don’t cost anything to attend, and what  a Fireside or a Devotional is.

It’s amazing when you stop and think about how much NEW someone coming into the church has to take in, we take so much for granted, in the words we use and the way we talk about things. I hope I will be able to help make things a little bit clearer for my new Sister and I’m grateful to be able to bask in her joy of having the Gospel new in her life!

No comments: