Thursday, April 19, 2012

Providing

I work.  We all work, but I have a job away from home which pays me money.  So, in that way I provide for my family.  Somehow that is not as fulfilling as you would think.  I used to not work.  I worked, just not at a job that paid me money.  It was much more fulfilling.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to take the afternoon off work (the one that pays me money) and take Lunchmeat to the dentist and then my wonderful mother-in-law watched him and Peanut so Cake and I could can three flats of tomatoes which she had gotten for us.

Cake worked with me for an hour or two then she got bored and played computer games after regretting not being at granny’s house, but I labored on.  In the end I had twenty four jars of canned tomatoes in various forms.  I ran out of jars…

This morning as I was wiping down the jars and putting them in my cupboard I was overtaken by a feeling of truly providing for my family, it was a very spiritual feeling.  I don’t know why it was so different from going to work and getting a pay check, but it was.  I guess reporting running and database work just isn’t spiritual for me.

I prayed and asked the Lord to bless my efforts that the food I had made would be good for my family.  I just sat there staring at the jars filled with this feeling of accomplishment and love for my family.  What a blessing it is to be able to provide for my family in what ever way I can.  I am grateful that I am able to learn skills that will make me more able to provide for them in a variety of ways.

No comments: